Today’s #ReverbBroads11 prompt (courtesy of Kassie Stallings Sands) is: Who or what makes you laugh so hard that milk shoots out of your nose and why?
This should be easy. I love to laugh and try to find the humour in every situation. There are, however, some things that make me laugh until I cry, am doubled over, rolling on the floor.
I like to say that laughter is the reason that Sean, my husband, and I are together. We met in our first year of university. He sat beside me in class one day, and I’ll admit, I wasn’t instantly attracted to his “rocker dude” appearance. However, when he started to talk, I knew there was something special about him. He is witty, sarcastic and downright funny. He later had his longish “rocker dude” locks chopped off, and that clinched the deal. We’ve been together ever since. This photo from our wedding sums up our relationship really well:
I work in a small office, there are only three of us. However, we make up for our small number in hilarious antics. My supervisor’s expectation is that we laugh at least once a day. We usually meet that goal by 9:01am. I am so thankful to work in an environment that promotes this kind of atmosphere.
Other things that make me laugh till it hurts:
- British comedies. As an English girl, it’s imperative that Fawlty Towers, The Royle Family and Black Adder make me laugh till I cry.
- Getting together with friends and reliving past hilarious moments.
- Double entendres. I use them, and laugh at myself. When someone else comes out with one, especially when they don’t realise it, that’s cause for laughing till it hurts. The more inappropriate the better.
- Movies that are so bad, that they’re good. You know you have a fave!
- Things like this, this and this 🙂 You’re welcome!
Charlie Chaplin said it best: “A day without laughter is a day wasted.”